Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Monday, April 1, 2019

General Conference

HELLO FAMILY!!!

This week was a pretty difficult one. We had been teaching Gustavo and his brother Erick and they had a baptismal date for this past Saturday. They were progressing so much throughout the week. We prepped them up and everything and when we went to go pick them up for their baptismal interview, they said that they weren't sure if they wanted to be baptized or not because their friends were making fun of them. 

We stood and talked them with for like 30 minutes and after a heck of a lot of fighting to bring them to church, we finally brought them there. After all the work to get them to the church, they failed in the interview. They told us that they weren't feeling ready to be baptized but we knew that his friends making fun of him was the real reason. We were pretty sad but President and Sister Chamberlain were there at our ward for a Relief Society party that they had. They helped us out and we talked them with a bit to help get our spirits back up. 

We are teaching an awesome dude named Kaique and he is the man. He's already memorizing scriptures in seminary and he has a date for the 13th. He was a referral from a recent-convert named Emily, who is helping us out a lot. His dad is a pastor, and I've always wanted to baptize a pastor so we're gonna give him a shot.

This week we had divisions with Floresta and i stayed with E. Harris. He is the man. He is crazy for baptism, I swear he lives, smells, and breathes baptism. He is very focused on his purpose which I admire a lot.

I hope you guys are all pumped for General Conference like I am. Also, I'm super pumped for the temple dedication on June 2nd!!! We still don't know what our role is gonna be in the dedication but I'm super excited nonetheless.

As a zone, we're making more goals to help the zone do better than we did in March. Our zone has been reduced a bit due to emergency transfers. We have 7 companionships, the smallest zone in the mission, and we're gonna do our best to make April the best month yet.

That's about it!!!

BOA SEMANA PARA VOCÊS!!!!

Abraço,
Elder Eliason

Fotos
1) E. Harris and I bought 8 salgados and drank 2 cokes because lunch fell through... he is a monster.
2) Alvinho!!



No comments:

Post a Comment