Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Monday, February 18, 2019

Tired.

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS

This just in: We called Leandro to be the new 2nd counselor, and, in the meantime, will continue as secretary. We wanted to call Marconnes as the new secretary as he is having trouble taking care of the YM after he moved but he denied the calling. 

I'm getting pretty stressed out over here. Me, Elder Terry, Elder Rocha, and Elder Monson are working our tails off for the branch but some times it seems like we're the only ones working. The YW President and the RS President both decided to give up their calling but we went over there, made some new goals and offered our support to help them. We looked in the manual, and I literally wrote down every responsibility that each President has, what has to happen within the presidency in terms of weekly meetings, interviews, etc., and wrote down what the missionaries will do to help them out. Basically, I gave them a training on how to magnify their calling. I'm trying to re-train all of the Presidencies because it seems like they forgot how to do their job, because the majority of the load is falling on my shoulders and the shoulders of the missionaries. Looks like we'll even have to re-train the Branch President too.

Being a full-time missionary and a counselor in the Branch Presidency is the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, without a doubt. Nothing has ever required more of me physically, mentally, emotionally, and especially spiritually..... but I'm super thankful for it. I can feel myself getting better and better each day. I feel like I'm learning a lot more about how to involve the Lord in all things(A LOT of prayer and fasting), how to resolve problems (of investigators, members, branch, etc), how to use my time wisely to make sure to reactivate inactive families and find time to find people to baptize, and how to work hard as hard as I can.

The work here is far from done, and I want to stay here to help complete it.  The casapela will bless this branch more than you guys can imagine. I'm tired, and that's how it should be right?

In terms of our investigators, we found Tathyla and João this week.

João is a 8 year-old kid who was just waiting to be baptized when he turned 8. We're working with him to remind him what the other elders already taught him awhile ago. He has a date for this Saturday. 

Tathyla was a contact we made when our first appointment didn't work out. We saw her talking with a kid we already taught, so we went over, asked if we could leave a message with them and she accepted a date for this Saturday!! She went to church yesterday and loved it!!

Thats about it for this week!!!

ABRAÇO,
Elder Eliason

1) hahah
2) elder terry asked me to take a pic with him and crateus



No comments:

Post a Comment