Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

"Something I learned this week is how important it is to be humble and teachable."

BOM DIA MEUS AMIGOS

What a week. To start off, we had the a mission-wide conference with President and Sister Chamberlain on Thursday. We had some speakers come talk to us about the importance of Natal. They talked really fast but I got the gist of it.... I think. It was so great to see the MTC buds again, even if it had only been a week. I have Elder Welling in my zone, the one who looks like a Dad haha. For the conference, our zone got called to sing a hymn and explain a scripture. Guess who had to expound on a scripture relating to Natal, me. I think I did okay haha. We had some amazing food too, the members had to make enough food for 132 starving missionaries, they did great.

In Parquelandia, we had 2 of our investigators come to church, Kellyanne and Roberta who have a baptism date for Christmas Eve!!! The work is really picking up here and we are starting to see so many miracles in our area. Everyone in Fortaleza is always willing to hear our message, but very few want to act in faith on our message. We have been searching for people who are being prepared to hear our message, and we were blessed with 6 more investigators with a date for the 31st! Man, the work here is so exciting.

The food in Fortaleza is SO GOOD. Before the mission, you could definitely call me a picky eater, but anything they put on my plate is always amazing. The juices they have too are just so amazing. To save money (and cause I am lazy), I just have Cereal with a banana in the morning and Ramen at night. Yuuummmm.

Something I learned this week is how important it is to be humble and teachable. When we "humble ourselves in the depths of humility" and put others before ourselves, we learn so much. There is always something we can be better at. Especially during Christmas time, we can always serve others and focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Here in Fortaleza, people don't have enough money for presents or a Christmas tree. They are such a humble people here who always put the Savior first. These people have set an amazing example for me and what Christmas really means. 

UNTIL NEXT TIME!! FELIZ NATAL!!

- Elder Eliason

 ACAI with the members


 Squad at the Christmas Conference

Me and Elder Momesso with a Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment