HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS
Abraço,
Another week in the books. Also, this Wednesday, I'll be a year out on the mission. It's really weird to type that. It's crazy to think that a year from now I was entering the CTM nervous as heck.
This week was great!! We went to the zone conference all the way in Fortaleza which was 6 hours of traveling in a rackety bus. We went on Thursday, stayed at the secretary's house in Fortaleza (They got one nice house). They are some nice guys. After that, we went over to the zone conference. There, we learned all about Chapter 4 of PMG, which is how can I recognize the Spirit? I learned a whole lot. I remember when I got in the field, I had a lot of trouble of discerning whether an impression was spiritual or it was just me.
I remember one day in my first area, we had nothing to do, it had been a really bad week, but we decided to pray on where we should go. I felt that we should go visit a certain investigator that stopped progressing a couple weeks back. Me and my trainer Elder Momesso went over there and......... he wasn't home. We knocked again and again and no one was home. In frustration, I asked E. Momesso, "Why did God give me that prompting if it didn't work out?" And he said something I'll never forget. He said "Sometimes the Lord tests us to see if we are willing to follow the "weird" promptings he sends us. And when we are, he gives us more and more promptings." I'm thankful for my trainer and how he helped me recognize the Spirit.
This week, we had 2 baptisms Maria de Jesus and Giselle!!! They are best friends and were so excited to be baptized on the same day. I was lucky enough to baptize them both. They are just the sweetest little girls ever and have lots of friends who are interested to hear us as well!
UM ANO!!!! Here's to another year full of spiritual experiences, and a whole lot of work.
AMO VOCÊS, SE CUIDEM!
Abraço,
Elder Eliason
No comments:
Post a Comment