Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Monday, October 15, 2018

"President called me in to a room, and told me that I was going to be the 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency."

HELLO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

This week was a doozy.

So to start out, Yasmin and Mirela were baptized!! They are sisters, and friends of Alefe and Dudu. They really are super special. They couldn't wait for Sunday to arrive for their baptism, haha. It was great to see Alefe and Dudu helping us to teach them as well!!

On the other hand, Tatula and Valda fell through this week. Tatula decided that she wanted to stay in her church. Valda was interviewed for her baptism but it looks like we'll have to wait for the next couple weeks to help her resolve some things. Maria Jesus left early on Sunday to another city close by, so we just remarked her baptism for this Saturday, along with her friend Gisele, who went to church yesterday and loved it!!

This week, President came out to visit us and to see how the branch is going. President is super involved here, and we are in contact with him every week to help the branch out. He took us out to eat at a local burger restaurant that we ALWAYS wanted to eat at, but was too expensive. But, we knew that President was loaded, so we took our chance haha. He told us stories about how he got called to be a Mission President, how he got interviewed with President Eyring and Elder Bednar for 1 hour and a half each. Super cool, I would probably pee my pants in that interview. Had a lot of good laughs. 

After that, on Sunday, President called me in to a room, and told me that I was going to be the 1st counselor in the Branch Presidency. He told me that I would have to dedicate a lot of my time to help out Presidente Lima (the Branch President) because he's really struggling to hold the branch together. I would have to direct sacrament meetings, interview youth, meet with presidente every week, and help Presidente do everything right by the book because he is a bit inexperienced. I accepted and was sustained and ordained yesterday. Super excited to help out this branch in a more active role than ever!!

That's about it! Love you all!!!! BOA SEMANA PARA TODOS DE VOCÊS!

A big huge abraço,

Elder Eliason





Cut my finger cutting sausage, safe to say I have not yet mastered cooking yet on the mish.

I dyed his hair red (with permission from his mom, of course)

President Chamberlain!

MIRELA AND YASMIN!



No comments:

Post a Comment