Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Friday, November 17, 2017

"In terms of the MTC, we are finding new ways to keep ourselves entertained."

I'll get to the subject line in a minute haha.

So this week in the MTC was full of fun times with our district and even more hard work. My favorite thing that we get to do in the MTC is go proselyting in the middle of Sao Paulo, it's basically the Times Square of Brazil. It took an hour to get there and once we got there, we did some REAL missionary work. The dynamic duo, (Me and Elder Oldham) went out with some cards about Jesus and got to work. We talked to probably 15 people in an hour and got 8 contacts!!! It was so cool to speak with Brazilians about the gospel and we had this one experience with a girl in a star wars shirt. We walked past her and E. Oldham said "Yo, she was wearing a Star Wars shirt" so obviously we go over there and start chatting her up and she was super interested in the gospel!!! Such a cool experience.

In terms of the MTC, we are finding new ways to keep ourselves entertained. Every night, someone calls someone out and then they have a "Scripture Roast Battle". Its during our free time so we're still being obedient haha. We have also started doing English fasts, which means no English for the whole day. Holy hannah that is difficult. But my Portuguese is coming along so strong because of it. I can speak with the Brazilians easier, and I have been trying to write down every single word that I don't know, down on a piece of paper. I'm at 150 right now, as of this week. #grind

On Sunday, we had a huge power outage. We didn't have any lights in any of the rooms or anywhere in the building for that matter from 2 pm to 8. We tried to study for most of that time, and we did for a couple of hours. But it was the perfect time to tell some ghost stories, but after that we prayed for the lights to turn back on so we could watch Russell M Nelson's devotional and 10 min later they did and we got to watch the devotional!! God answers prayers!!

Right, back to the subject line. So you know, I'm casually playing some bball during Atividad Fisica and I hit one of the 6'5 Brazilians with a "Dream Shake" and he tried to swat me and fell and sprained his ankle and broke a small bone as well. BUT. He'll be back in the field in 2 weeks!! I feel bad, I didn't mean to put that man in a wheelchair. No, we're really good buddies and he assured me it wasn't my fault. He even said my move was "muito bom" hahahaha.

Me and my district also tied our ties halfway up since we're halfway done with the CTM, which lasted for 10 minutes until one of the irmãs came and said we had to retie our ties. Worth.

I'm learning so much in the MTC!! I've really noticed that we are training to be a missionary, but more importantly we are training to be more like Christ in everything that we do. I know that God is watching over me and has already shown me so many miracles which I am eternally grateful for.

Love you all, TCHAU!!!

-Elder Eliason

P.S. I saw a "Texas Motel" on the way back from the Campinas temple. Brazil knows whats up.

No comments:

Post a Comment