This week was so great!!
We had an American Thanksgiving in Brazil!! For lunch on Thursday, we had a huge assembly line of different ice cream flavors, sugar straws, sprinkles, and other candies. Just to give you a reference on how excited we were, we eat the exact same panini sandwich with bananas every day for breakfast, always. We have the same rice and beans with some type of Brazilian meat for lunch and dinner as well, so you can imagine we started to tear up at the sight of the ice cream and turkey. I don't know how they found a turkey in Brazil but they found it. We had some really good pumpkin pie as well. What a meal.
I'm about to start my last week in the MTC!!! I'm so excited to get to work up in Fortaleza, but I know I need to keep my head down and work hard these next 10 days. I'm going to miss my instructors a lot and all of my buddies in the district. Good thing all of us are going to Fortaleza, cause those guys have become my second family. Another thing, the Brasileros in our room went to the field on Tuesday. It was sad to say goodbye, but the'yre gonna do so great. All of the Brazilian missionaries are so loving and caring, they are the best.
After the feast we had, we got to listen to a Thanksgiving MTC Devotional from Elder Bednar. It was absolutely amazing, I've never received so much personal revelation in my life!! One of my favorite things that I learned from this devotional is that..
"Perfection doesn't equal performance without mistakes, it means being complete."
That spoke to my heart so much because when I am teaching, I make a lot of mistakes. We all make a lot of mistakes, but that's okay. When we strive to the best that we can do every single day and try to be a little more "complete" than we were yesterday, we start to become more like the Savior. When we become more like Christ, all of our problems and burdens start to become lighter.
Another thing that I learned in that devotional, is how God delivers us from our trials. God gives us trials to rise above them and become better, but its hard to see it this way. We shouldn't pray and ask to "Get me out of here" or "Take this away from me", but rather we need to ask for strength. We should ask God to give us strength to overcome this temptation, trial, or problem. He requires us to WORK.
EU AMO VOCÊS!! TCHAU.
- Elder Eliason
No comments:
Post a Comment