This was a great week over here in the middle of nowhere AKA Crateús!! I had my first and only birthday in the mission field on Friday. It was really special, I had the best cake of my life, and coming out of the shower E. Silva and E. Taylor smashed me with an egg and poured powder all over me, haha. It's a tradition here in South America for every birthday. Good times.
We are teaching some really cool people as well.
Walife - I call him Waffle, haha. We were out with a member out teaching his friends, when we went to one house but his friend wasn't there. But, casually, we started talking to Waffle (I mean Walife) and his brother Jefferson. We asked if we could leave a message and they both accepted a date for baptism. Walife and his brother (who we taught later) have a date for this week, while Jefferson is for the 18th!
Kailanne/Kauanne - Are 10 year old twins who was a referral from one of the members. We taught Kailanne and Kauanne with her grandma and all of them accepted a baptismal date!! But, we think she just accepted a date because we have blue eyes and told us 456346 times that we were "bonitos" hahaaha. But they are identical in everything, super cute. They have a date for this week as well.
Thinks are looking up here in Crateús. We are working super hard with the leaders here to help get our attendance up to 80!! It's super cool to be such involved in establishing the church here in Crateús. It's more than just missionary work, but we are responsible for the branch as well. Every day is super busy, but that means times going by super quick!!
I wanna leave a quick scripture that has helped me out a whole lot on my mission in John 16:33:
33 "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
We need to be of good cheer!!! Christ has overcome the world. When trials and tribulation come, we can find peace that Christ can overcome every one of our sins. When I get stressed or overwhelmed, this scripture gives me peace that I can be of good cheer thanks to the loving sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. So, BE OF GOOD CHEER!!
That's about it!!
Abraço,
Elder Eliason
![]() |
| Birthday Cake! |





No comments:
Post a Comment