This week, like literally all the weeks here in Crateús, was awesome!! We had a wonderful week of finding, teaching, and baptizing!! Eduardo, Junior, and Erislândia were baptized this week!! In total 7 people were baptized this week in Ramo Crateús!! It's so amazing to see so many people here ready to accept the restored gospel. The nickname for Crateús is The Land of Miracles!! Rightly named.
So this week, we were teaching Eduardo and he asked us if we wanted to see his backyard. Me and Elder Taylor said "aye why not". We went back there and there were 37 PIGS IN HIS BACKYARD. I didn't have my camera on me because you know I'm not trying to get robbed again but i'll make sure to snap a pic next time I'm there. In that same lesson, he asked us "Hey what do I have to do to be a missionary too?" I looked at E.Taylor and we were just shocked. He's 18 years old, so we're gonna get him on a fast track to be a missionary! Eduardo is the best. Also, very tall.
And Junior. So we were getting the baptismal service ready and everything, and we went out to get Junior. And he wasnt home. We went to his Mom's house, wasn't there either. We went to his Grandma's house and she said he went hunting. Desperate, we said where does he usually hunt? And she said "a mile that way". I had to go back and do the baptismal interviews for E. Silva & E. Maxwell's investigators. So he went with E. Maxwell, while me and E. Silva stayed to do the baptismal interviews. They went all the way to the hunting place and he wasn't there. E. Taylor came back, and as we were finishing the interviews, he told me "I'm gonna pass by his house one more time". He passed by, and....... he still wasnt there. But, E.Taylor waved down Vanessa (a member) who passed by on a bike to check to see if he was there at his Grandma's. 30 minutes later, as we are about to start the baptismal service, Vanessa ran in and said "Why are yall starting, I found Junior, he's coming right now!" Me and E. Taylor literally ran around the casapela we were so happy. And he came and was baptized!!
Erislândia is the best. She gets everywhere on time, and she picked the "smaller white american gringo" to baptize her. lol.
Also, we gave Junior and Eduardo, a shirt and tie to come to get confirmed in style. They loved it.
Also, we are preparing Anderson for baptism for next week!! He went to church this week and is super excited for this Sunday to be baptized!!
The more time that I'm on my mission, the more I start to realize how great souls are in the sight of god. I'm constantly reminded of this scripture in D&C 18:
14 Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people.
15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!
I've never felt such true joy as I have being a missionary. I'm so thankful for this opportunity I have to wear the name of my family and most importantly the name of the Savior on my chest and over my heart every single day. As all missionaries know, there are good and bad spells. There are days or even weeks when every progressing investigator decides to quit and give up. There are days that you work and sweat so hard but everything goes wrong and you come home exhausted, dissapointed, and unmotivated.
Those hard days, is what makes days like these so great! It's important to know that the Lord is always watching us and looking over us. He's the only one that can help us when we have one of "those days". Christ is our biggest fan, he's our biggest motivator. He's the loudest in the stands, rooting us on. That's what helps me through those hard days.
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Abraço,
Elder Eliason
Here's a bunch of pics
No comments:
Post a Comment