Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Monday, December 3, 2018

What Will You Give Christ for Christmas?

HELLO FAMILY AND FRIENDS

I hope you all are doing well! It's the start of the Christmas season and I am PUMPED. Christmas is the best. Just to give you a taste of christmas season, let me tell you what just happened to me. So, on P-Day, after we left the lan house, I forgot my camera and went back to get it and it wasn't there. Someone had stole it, pretty normal here. I went the whole week dreading the loss of all my pictures and my camera. Today, I walked into the Lan House and a man walked up to Elder Taylor and said "Did you leave something here last week" He said, that I lost my camera, he went over to me and said "I have your camera, I took it to make sure no one stole it." 30 min later, he went to his house and got my camera gave it to me. IT IS CHRISTMAS SEASON BABY. JOY TO THE FLIPPIN WORLD. If that ain't what Christmas is, I don't know what is.

Anyways, this week was awesome!! We hit a record of church attendance in Crateús: 77!!! We had to use every chair possible in the entire house to fit everyone and people still had to stand off to the side. In March, President Chamberlain said we will be able to move to our new casapela because we are running out of room at the Lima house.

We're teaching a group of kids that we found in the street. Elias, Vitor, Lara, and Guilherme. As well as 2 families! Antonia and Beatriz, and Carlos and Jumara. All of them went to Church this Sunday!!! Carlos and Jumara are the best. Carlos calls me Elder Texas hahaha. They are the sweetest couple and they already had us over for pizza and a coke. After, we had the first lesson with them!! They are awesome.

One last thing, in a bit of a hurry. We got permission to watch the Christmas Devotional and I absolutely loved it. We have the best choir in the world. One thing, that I loved is what Elder Vinson asked us: 

What will you give Christ for Christmas. What's one sacrifice that you can make to come closer to him? What one little change can help you live like he did?

I'm willing to make some changes too, and I'm super excited to get to know my Savior more because of it.

AMO TODOS DE VOCÊS!!!!

Abraço forte,
Elder Eliason








No comments:

Post a Comment