We were at Larisse's house on Saturday and after we finished the lesson, her aunt showed us her cows and how they make cheese. I never knew how cool it was to watch cheese being made. Afterwards she gave us some to eat, and holy moly does it live up to the hype. We asked if we could milk the cows but she said they only milk them 5h30 am but one day we have faith we'll be able to milk the cows.
We broke another record for attendance this week with 80!!! We challenged the young men and the young woman to have 20 people for Sacrament meeting, and if they did we promised them a pizza party. Last week, the young men hit 20 and this week the young women hit 20 as well. We had a loooott of pizza haha.
We are getting ready for the big switch to the casapela in the center of the city, Presidente Kaulle (Pres. Chamberlain's first counselor) came by and showed us the reform and the blueprints of our new capela. He said by March or April it should be finished, I just hope I'll be around to see it finished.
On the mission, you learn a ton of spiritual things as well as a load of life skills as well. One of the things that I love doing every day is setting goals. I have never set SO MANY GOALS in my life than on my mission, and I've never seen so much success as well. I love this quote from M. Russell Ballard:
"I believe you can train yourself to become a positive thinker, but you must cultivate a desire to develop the skill of setting personal worthy and realistic goals. I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the technique of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When you learn to master the principle of setting a goal, you will then be able to make a great difference in the results you attain in this life."- Elder M. Russell Ballard
Our potential can only be reached if we learn how to stretch ourselves. When we stretch ourselves, and try a little bit harder than we think we can, this is when our Heavenly Father comes in and gives us that extra push. Thinking of this, all month I've been thinking about what present I'm gonna give to Christ this Christmas and I decided. I'm going to give him my will. To not do things my way, but the Lord's. To not get frustrated with people becuase maybe my job was just to plant the seed and to not harvest the crop. To turn all of my thoughts, words, and actions into what He would say. I don't know any better way to reaching my full potential than doing as the Lord did, sayin what he said, and serving as he served.
AMO TODOS DE VOCÊS!!!!!
- Elder Eliason
No comments:
Post a Comment