Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Monday, December 10, 2018

Christmas Vomit

HELLO EVERYONE!!

It's getting closer to christmas timmeeee. Things don't get very Christmas-y around here but Christmas is in the air! 

Another transfer in Crateús!!! This week was a good one. We had the baptism of Carol!!! Let me tell you the story on her.

Carol - 

So she was taught by E. Taylor before I got to Crateus but she didnt want anything to do with the church. 2 of her sisters were baptized, and she started to soften up a bit. One day, we ran in to her in the street, and I asked E. Taylor, "Has she been baptized yet?". He said that she hasn't, so the next day we marked an appointment and gave her a lesson on the importance of baptism and she accepted!! It was great to see the change that she undertook.

Funny story. Remember that Christmas miracle of that man returning my camera? Well turns out he erased half the pictures, and broke the camera lens. But, that's okay... it's CHRISTMAS TIME.

Other funny story. We were having lunch with a member on Saturday and they were telling E. Maxwell "COME MAIS ELDER, COME MAIS" (have some more elder, have some more). He ate 3 plates of food with all of us cheering him on. The member there said that he ALMOST ate as much as E. Nielson (A 250 pound american elder). After the 3rd plate, he only needed 1 more plate to beat E. Nielson but he wasn't up to it. So, being dumb, took his plate and gave him another serving. He couldn't finish the 4th plate and we went to leave a message for the family and Elder Maxwell vomited all over the sidewalk. I felt sssuuppperrr bad. I helped him clean up, and I probably said sorry 452353 times. Elder Maxwell forgave me on the spot. What a man.

This week, I've been focusing a lot on questions that investigators ask and how I can answer them with scriptures and examples. As I started to do this, I wanted to do it with my own questions that I have.

As I studied, I noticed 2 things.

1) There isn't any doubt or question that can't be answered because THIS IS The Church of Jesus Christ

2) We have access to all the answers, but we don't need all the answers.

There's a quote from Grandpa Eliason that talks a little bit to that second point:

"Doubt the things you don't know before you doubt the things you do know"

We, as human beings, want ALL the answers to ALL the questions, but that's not how God designed it. We are trusted to walk by faith in this world. When doubts come, we lean on our faith. When our faith fails, we lean on the Savior.

That's about it!!!

AMO VOCÊS,
Elder Eliason







No comments:

Post a Comment