Elder Connor Eliason

Elder Connor Eliason

Monday, November 12, 2018

"I really love the feeling of being a part of the very beginnings of the church here."

HELLO FAMILY & FRIENDS

This week was a great one over here in Crateús. We got a whole lot done. I gotta say I really love the feeling of being a part of the very beginnings of the church here. As missionaries, we get to work closely in council meetings, Branch council, and with all of the auxiliary leaders as well. I'm learning so much about how to help the church internally as well as externally. 

We've planned a "Jincana" or game with the youth here to help them get excited to bring and invite their friends to church as well as bring less-actives to church as well. It's gonna take place this Saturday, and it's gonna be awesome.

We are teaching a whhhhooolllee bunch of people. We have Daniel, Rayanne, and Daniel Alison who were a referral from the branch. They went out to church this week and they loved it!! Daniel Alison and Rayanne have baptimsal dates for this week!! Funny story: As we were teaching them, their donkey started walking slowly and slowly towards me and I turned around the donkey was all up in my face. They got a good laugh out of it haha.

Kailanne and Kauanne the little twins weren't able to come to church this week, so we had to push their baptisms for this coming week. 

Elder Taylor and I are working our tails off and we're starting to see a whole lot of blessings from our dilligence. One thing I've learned on my mission and this week in particular was about the importance of constantly evaluating yourself as a missionary. It's good to be always looking to where you can improve and what you're doing well. One phrase that our mission president, President Chamberlain says is: 

"You don't endure to the end just to endure, you endure to get better, you get better until to the end."

I remember when I gave my farewell talk exactly on this subject, The difference between enduring and enduring well. I love this scripture from D&C 121:7-8:

7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

This was the Lord speaking to Joseph Smith when he was in Liberty Jail with his people suffering from dreadful hardships. This scripture gives me hope that when spiritual tempests come, when we don't think we can take one more step, that Christ is willing to help us in the very hour we need him. And if we endure it well, if we continue to try to be better, God will exalt us on high. I know this is true, and I know that God is with us in all of our hard times as well as the good ones.

BOA SEMANA PARA VOCÊS!!!

Abraço,
Elder Eliason

No comments:

Post a Comment